With a population just under 3000, Gibbons offers the best of small town living with an easy commute to Edmonton, St. Albert, Fort Saskatchewan, Edmonton Garrison, Alberta’s Industrial Heartland, and even up North to Fort MacMurray!
Local schools serve up to grade 9, with nearby schools accepting high school students. Bussing is available.
- Landing Trail (K – Gr. 4)
- Gibbons School (Gr. 5 – Gr. 9)
- High School provide in nearby Redwater (Redwater High School) or Nameo (Sturgeon Composite High School)
- Sturgeon Learning Center (in Gibbons) is an alternative high school
- University/Tech School/College in nearby Edmonton
Gibbons is situated along the scenic banks of the Sturgeon River. A bustling town, residents are committed to getting involved in a variety of community activities.
- Sturgeon River pathway system, picnic area, view points and playground located in town
- Nine municipal parks, with seven hosting playground structures
- Echo Glen park has a fish pond stocked with trout annually
- Arena, curling rink, tennis courts, and skateboard park
- Over 70 volunteer community organizations to participate in
- Goose Hummock world class Golf Resort only 3 km away
- Teen center open three nights a week
- Caviar Players Drama Society
- 4H, Girl Guides and Scouts
- Knights of Columbus, Lions Club, and Legion
- Ball, hockey, curling, figure skating, soccer, volleyball, dance, golf and snowmobile clubs
- Curves (women’s gym), and Fitness center in town
- Public Library
Gibbons is in the process of revitalizing it’s downtown area! Numerous businesses are there to serve residents everyday needs.
- Accounting, banking, lawyer
- Beauty Salons and tanning facilities
- Two convenience store/gas station facilities, one drug store and a grocery store
- Sears outlet
- Gibbons Hotel
- Liquor store, two lounges, six restaurants (Chinese, Steak, Pizza, Café fare and a Subway outlet)
- Flower and Gift shop
- Video rental
- Construction, automotive and handy services
Gibbons has services in place to meet the needs of residents.
- 3 hospitals within 24 km of Gibbons
- Medical clinic, dental office, lab, health unit and ambulance service in town
- Volunteer fire department
- RCMP office, and local rural crime watch program
- Curbside recycling and garbage pickup once a week
Anglican, United, Catholic, Alliance and Gospel
For full time weekday needs or the occasional night out!
- Dolphin Child Development Center
- Wee Care Family Day Homes
- Babysitting Registry
For additional information, visit www.gibbons.ca.